Trumphurst Home Page
Available C++ Libraries FAQ
Libraries available to download (Q-Z)
VMime - Mail library for C++
VMime is a powerful C++ class library for working with MIME messages and Internet messaging services like IMAP, POP or SMTP.
With VMime you can parse, generate and modify messages, and also connect to store and transport services to receive or send messages over the Internet. The library offers all the features to build a complete mail client.
- it is free software! GNU GPL license (Commercial licenses available!)
- fully RFC-compliant implementation
- object-oriented and modular design
- very easy-to-use (intuitive design)
- well documented code
- very high reliability
- maximum portability
- RFC-2822 and multipart messages
- aggregate documents and embedded objects
- 8-bit MIME and encoded word extensions
- full support for attachments
- POP3, IMAP, SMTP, maildir and sendmail
- SSL/TLS security layer and X.509 certificates (using GNU TLS)
- SASL authentication (using GNU SASL)
- could run on any OS, but not tested
- Visual C++
- could be compiled, but not tested
Added : 2010-11-23 Amended: 2010-11-23 Licensing : GNU copyleft
Add a comment
Beat the credit crunch - buy gold online - quickly, safely and at low prices
C++ Usenet Newsgroup
A Web form for submissions to this list
Contact the author for permission to distribute
Copyright (c) 2017 Nikki Locke, Trumphurst Ltd.
Permission is granted to distribute over the Internet without charge.
The author's permission is required (and usually given) to distribute
in any other way, including on CD.